Monday 10 July 2017

Until you photograph something


So how do we tell a story, have Impact or capture Gesture in an image to impress a judge or Jury.
To capture an image that says a thousand words is not something that often happens by accident, we often have to be deliberate in our actions to capture that decisive moment, that nano second in time that will never be repeated. In the digital era we have the option of spray and pray, during the wonderful years of film you were generally restricted to 36 exposures, once they were gone you had to change film and if you had a motor drive fitted to the camera that could be 7 seconds, a good rodeo ride is 8 seconds. You can still miss the decisive moment with spray an dpray, the image below and all my rodeo images are all one shot wonders, anticipating the action, not hoping for the spray and pray to get that nano second I wanted. Concentration, seeing, knowing your gear, so it is not a restriction to your creativity, help in achieving the results that have won me awards.

Until you have photographed something, it has not been photographed. How can you capture the decisive moment that makes the millionth image of the same scene different, new and fresh.

 Disclaimer, I apologise if my grammar is not correct English, I am Scottish and proud of it, England is a country that is foreign to me. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment