Thursday 31 August 2017

Where to next with cameras!

Here is the first Digital camera.

Using a 1.3-megapixel Kodak CCD with a color-filter array invented by Bryce Bayer, the first commercial digital SLR was a Nikon F3 body whose film chamber and winder were gutted to make room for the sensor and electronics. The photographer needed to schlep a separate storage unit, worn on a shoulder strap and connected via cable. 1994 Kodak collaborated with the Associated Press to create a digital SLR that met the needs of photojournalists. Based on a Nikon N90 body, the 1.3-megapixel camera had removable memory cards and enough sensitivity (ISO 1600!) to shoot in available light. The Vancouver Sun became the world’s first newspaper to convert to all-digital photography with theses cameras. Price: $17,950, but discounted to $16,950 for AP members. 
I have been following the release of the new Nikon D850, the specs are very impressive and the international rumor mill is working overtime, lots of talk about Canon shooters jumping ship or returning. 45.75Mp full frame, cost around $5800 here in New Zealand, We have come along way from the Nikon F3 body with 1.3mp and 1600 ISO now you can shoot with confidence at 10,000 ISO with my D810 ( image below put through DXO opticspro 11) and they say the D850 will be even better, the D810 focuses pretty fast the D850 is faster.
So do I upgrade, I might wait, you only have so many kidneys to sell and I sold one last year to upgrade my whole system from Sony to Nikon, I am glad I did as the future is looking good, maybe my body will grow me another kidney and I will be able to buy a D850, one thing for sure if you were going to go to the D810, you might find some for sale second hand and it is an awesome camera, dynamic range to die for and they say the D850 is better again. Canon has a lot of ground too catch up I think. But what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment