Thursday 12 October 2017

Creativity is not a magical process

A magical fairy will not appear on your shoulder and give you a jolly good smack round the head and suddenly you will be creative with heaps of award winning ideas, just bolting out of your head like a scalded cat. It often seems like you have just had a great idea and produced a great image, have you considered that the initial though or seed has been germinating in your subconscious for a while and only when all the elements are connected does the idea appear to your conscious. 
One of the keys to being more creative or creating new idea is to experience and exposure yourself to a variety of influences, the more diverse the better, then give yourself time to think about them. It can be suggested that you are gathering RAW MATERIAL.
This is one of my creative streaks, surrealism. My ideas have been influenced by many different, not just photographers but painters have planted seeds in my head and out eventual pops something like the image's above.
I love photographing people, when working with a model an idea that has been flying around in the visual circus called my brain will leap to the front and I will create an  image like this . Where did this initial idea come from I have no idea, I know that somewhere a seed was sown, germinated and when the conditions were correct sprouted. You too can have ideas appear like this it is about exposing your self to lots and lots of different types of art and having the Patience and confidence that it will get easier, I will create more creative images, however if you are going to sit on your backside waiting for the fairy you will be wait a longtime for nothing. 

So if you want to see my creativity at work, join m eon one of my workshops -www.scottfowlerworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment