Wednesday 25 October 2017

My own imagination is so I can live in my own reality.

As we climb the ever increasing mountain range of Photography, we have emotional ups and downs, we have successes, we have failures, we have people who support us and we have people who really do not like anything we produce.
One thing I have realised over the years is it is important to be true to yourself and be yourself.  Others will try and change your mindset, your voice, your vision and YOU.
Be original, there is only one of you, they broke the mould when they made you, no one else has lived the life you have lived, to get to this point. This is the originality you bring to photography, as much as there is nearly nothing that has not been photographed it has not all been photographed by YOU, through your eyes.
Keep climbing on your own path, a path less travelled, as you are the only one walking it. As much as we all capture images, we all do it slightly different, you can be in a group of photographers photographing the same scene, yet we all photograph something different, different camera settings, different perspectives, that's right we are all different. I believe we are all free to use our own imagination, one persons weirdness is another persons art and my own imagination is so I can live in my own reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment