Thursday 19 October 2017

They need YOU for the magic to appear.

We often get to a stage in our photography where it all seems a little hard, am I doing the right thing, I want to learn how to do ! but it is so hard, should I take the next step or stay where I am comfortable. No different from looking at that step mountain face, should I, could I do this or am I biting off more than I can chew, how will you know unless you try. No one can criticize you for trying, I believe it is a bigger crime not to try.


Yes it might seem like a drag, such a lot to learn, I have such a long way to go to be like?, why do you want to be like?, you are you and to be someone else is hard because that place is taken, you need to be YOU, You need to impress you, you need to tell your story, as you have lived your life not somebody else's life..
 Then all of a sudden it make sense the light bulb goes on in your head, something now make sense. I often get this on my workshop's, students will come to me and give me a hug and often say "I get it" We will never get all of it, there is just tooo much to learn and not enough years to learn it all, but we can make sure we are trying our best, pushing ourselves further and further, looking for improvement and seeing our failures as learning successes.
Yes you will feel like you are on thin ice at times but have faith like the guys in the image above, they are walking on Lake Mavis. YOU can do it, if you believe in yourself and accept you will make mistakes, learn from them, take criticism, learn from it. As I read a few years ago a quote by, I can not remember, it goes something like this, "a typewriter never wrote an novel or a fancy camera took an award winning image", they need YOU for the magic to appear.

If you want help finding that magic or trying something different  why not join me on one of my workshops.
www.scottfowlerworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment