Thursday 20 September 2012

5 Questions


5 Questions
Over the last couple of years I suppose I have been reading/studying the writings of several top fine art photographers, it has taken me sometime to really understand a small part of what they were trying to tell me/us. Over the last month I have had a few brain farts that have, well I believe so anyway, turned the light on a little brighter to where I want to go with my photography or should I say how I want my voice to be seen in my images? From the readings & listening’s I came up with 5 questions, I now ask myself before I press the shutter.
  1. What has moved you to take your camera out?
  2. What are the parts of the scene you need to capture?
  3. What is the light like, Quality & Quantity?
  4. What do you want the eye to focus on when viewed?
  5. What are you trying to say by taking this image?

These questions are by no means my idea I have only, thanks to some over worked brain cells put them into a list that works for me, they came from many different sources. They have helped me.
I would like to thank;
Vincent Versace
John Paul Caponigro
David duChemin
Jay Maisel
Tony Corbell
Peter Eastway
Edward Weston


Falcon

No comments:

Post a Comment