Saturday 22 September 2012

More from yesterday

Some photographers are unaware of their intent when they photograph. Jerry Uelsmann, for example, works very intuitively & spontaneously:"I don't have an agenda when i begin. I'm trying to create something that's visually stimulating, exciting, that has never been done before but has some visual cohesiveness for me,has it's own life.
Many photographers allow room for their subconscious in their work & unintended meanings that it may add to their work, Sandy Skoglund, for example say's that"one  of the most captivating aspects of the way I work is the subterranean content & consciousness that kinds of leaks out, that I don't intend when I'm making art.



Another paragraph from Terry Barrett's book Criticizing photographs

No comments:

Post a Comment