Tuesday 18 September 2012

Ok More on the issue of B&W

This is a subject that is close to my soul. I took my first image many years ago & I developed it myself in my hall cupboard in Glasgow, Scotland. It is an image of my Dad, smoking a ciggie while we were out tramping. I feel in love with B&W. I now I have rekindled that love.


The new world of Digital B&W gives us a greater control over how we make our B&W look. We can all go to the Internet & find a photographer we like & try I emulate their style or look. There are alot of plug ins for Photoshop, lightroom,aperture etc., you use what you can afford. Whatever software you use get to know it as well as you can, & try & find your style. But whatever you do try & not to de saturate your image as it only leave light & dark tones of grey. You want to use the Red, Green & Blue tones. Dont use the in camera option of B&W as the final image as you lose all control of the image the camera makes that decision for you. It is good too use this option as a way of seeing how it will look,but use the RAW option to do all the adjustments.

No comments:

Post a Comment