Sunday 7 October 2012

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge"

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge"- Albert Einstein



So what does this mean, simple really when you think about it, we can buy knowledge, how you do something, you can buy books, go on courses, self learn. You can learn to create images, but the most important thing IMAGINATION you can not learn, well perhaps you can. Imagination is a skill we all have as children but along the way in our life we catch an ailment called ADULTISM with the onset of this ailment we lose the ability to think like a child, to use your imagination to it's fullest. We need to step back from being an adult & let the child out. I have worked hard in controlling my imagination for many years  now I channel my imagination into my art/photography. Some people like it some don't, but basically I don't give a rat's arse. Sometimes we take images that are more about the photographer & only they understand what they are saying, but if we take the time & learn to be patient, try & understand we will see the story they are telling us. But this is a skill we need to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment