Saturday 6 October 2012

Really take the time to LOOK at the image & SEE


I went for a walk around the Port hills today & while I was heading up the hill I started to think about LOOKING & SEE an image that an artist has produced. In this day & age we live in, we want instant gratification from images, we want it all spelt out for us without us making the effort to try & analyse what the  artist is telling us or not about the image they have allowed us to view. Do we really take the time to LOOK at the image & SEE what is really there or do we always want the quick fix? The artist has taken alot of time or not to produce this image & sent it out into the big bad world to get feedback, so WE should take time to LOOK & SEE what is being presented shouldn't we.
I went & visited my Judging Mentor the other night & we were discussing images, I showed him one I took recently & he sat back in his seat & took a few minutes to LOOK at it, it moved him the way I was moved to take it. I felt a sense of achievement, as I hold this photographer in very high regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment