Sunday 21 October 2012

Photographing an event

Yesterday I spent nearly all day at the Methven Rodeo, I like to go early to these events, I was there for the gates opening. This allows me to spend sometime getting the feel for the venue & places I might want to visit to photograph. I spent about 5 years helping out in the main arena of the Omarama rodeo as the score totaller. I would go from judge to judge get the scores for each cowboy & add them up & show the announcer.  I used to love being in the ring, up close & personnel with the animals & the cowboys. Well yesterday I was wondering around early & I overheard this conversation this cowboy was having with someone, "Fuck I am hung over & Horny going to be a good day".



I had a great day. I love being at these events & taking the time to take good images, not spay & pray, thats take lots of images & hope that one will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment