Tuesday 30 October 2012

Moment of capture


Moment of capture can make or break the impact of an image. That nano second too soon, or too late you miss it, you have to get it dead right. How do we do this, do we go spray & pray or do we become part of the situation & try & read what is going to happen next. Couple of weeks ago I went to the Methven rodeo. I set myself the task of only taking single images at F2.8 & try & capture the moment, I think I succeded. It doesn't matter if you are going to photograph a wedding, a landscape, a flower or a portrait of a beautiful person, you have to capture that defining moment that tells the story, captures the gesture for the viewer to enjoy. Like all skills you have to practice, get yourself involved photographing dance competitions is a great way to do this, it is challenging, both with light or lack of it capturing the moves that are impressive to capture. I have photographed the ChCh ceroc Champs the last two years & this year would have been my best series of images. Go out & practice, but only perfect practice will give you the results you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment