Saturday 9 September 2017

Art of healing comes from nature.

"The art of healing comes from nature, not a physician".-- Paracelsus

Brains are easily fatigued with the busy lives we live. Slow down and spend time with nature, (not your computer or camera), can give the brain a well earned rest, a time to clear away the clutter and let it rest. Just take a walk, listen to the sounds of nature, clear your mind,  think of nothing, look at the world around you from the lenses connected to your head, take in the beauty of where you live.
Research has shown that a 15 min walk yields noticeable changes in stress levels, blood pressure, heart rate, and a walk of 40 - 50 minutes can yield even greater mood and attention benefits.
 I always take a camera with me on our walks, I don't always use it. I love the outdoors and have since an early age. The smells, the silence, the beauty, the size, the skies, the weather, the animals, the flowers, the chance to let the brain rest, I guess it could be deemed as a kind of meditation. 
A walk along a beach can be therapeutic, as the rhythm of the waves crashing on the beach, the rumble of the pebbles as they flow with the water. Let your brain empty of the day to day fertilizer that is rushing around. You might even find an image, that you could capture in camera or just keep it too yourself on your own hard drive, your brain.  
Getting to the top of a hill or mountain or a track or the end of the beach can be an awesome feeling. I have often found some of my craziest ideas have developed on one of these walks, or the concept of an idea has developed clearer with better understanding of the finished image. I finished the image below after such an excursion.
Try it what have you to lose, take a walk and clear you head, let the ideas in the subconscious out for a time, allow the creativity that is in us all time to grow and flourish, see what ideas appear for new work.
Another idea is join me on one of my workshops  and see what crazy inspiration and education I can offer you.
www.scottfowlerworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment