Thursday 7 September 2017

Why B&W?

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, to see in Black and White is a delight for the soul"- Andi Caldwell.
Black and White photography has become an obsession for me, a demanding mistress who in my mind needs satisfying constantly. Never really happy with the taste of what I am trying to achieve, I know my skill level need's improving. I can live with that, as tomorrow I might take my best ultimate B&W image that fulfills my taste buds. Then again I do not want tomorrow to come, what will I do if I do finally create the image that fulfills my B&W taste. Sell my gear find another hobby/job.


 The image below was taken October 2006 at Cape Evans hut, Antarctica.

So why is B&W so compelling for me, it is the freedom I am given by black and white inherent abstraction- its lack or reality or is it the story telling aspect of B&W, I love telling stories, some say I am full of fertilizer, I can live with that, that is your choice to think that.

The image below was shoot near the top of Avalanche  Peak in Arthurs pass. 2009
When I look at my images from 2006 to now in 2017, I have gone from shooting Sony Alpha 100 with 10mp to a whole system change to Nikon D810 and 36mp. My creativity has hit a new level and once again I am impressing myself with the images I am creating. Art, and that includes Photography, is not real to begin with. It's a creation of our heart and minds.

The image below is a 2017 creation.
Remember never give up on your dreams, find out what works for you and remember have fun.

Why not join me on one of my Unique super inspiration an deducational workshops;

www.scottfowlerworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment