Tuesday 6 June 2017

AS I

As I cycle along my merry way through the countryside of Savaii Island, I am constantly looking left and right, very rarely looking straight ahead, I glance to see where I am going, but I want to see what is happening around me, LIFE. The normal day to day existence of a simple yet proud people. I witnessed this scene and could not get off my bike quickly enough, camera out and shoot. I ask myself as I am shooting what is it about this scene that has triggered an emotion to capture it, what do I need in the frame, these are thoughts for me that exist in a subconscious state, yet I know what I want and I often know what I will do with it,  nano seconds after pressing the shutter. Today we are off to a preschool here in Manase, looking forward to seeing and photographing these beautiful children .

2 comments:

  1. I can see that it would take you a long time to get from town to town. I do that 'looking' thing all the time. Tom Putt was at the last VAPS convention and he said that you take that first picture and then have a look and try to do it better. I can see what you saw here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen. Yes it takes time to get from A to B.It is always worth the stop.

    ReplyDelete