Sunday 11 June 2017

Hungry Eyes.

Good photographers have hungry eyes, they are constantly on the lookout for another image, always internalizing composing. So how do we decide what to photograph, for me it is really simple, if it moves me, I shoot, this wee girl was walking towards me and the dog was walking the line I liked, the gesture, the story that was unfolding in front of me, so I shoot.
Unfortunately we can get overwhelmed with what to shoot, too many options, sometimes we struggle to get excited about taking the camera out, analysis paralysis sets in, what if no one likes it, falling into the trap of analysis paralysis is to set limitations on yourself. Take the camera and yourself for a walk and see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. So natural and cute - you have the 'eye' Scott.
    Funny the little dog walking 'the line', my dog Amber used to always walk the white lines painted for sport in the Park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog stayed on the line the whole time the girl was coming towards me. I love these children of Samoa Pam, they seem to bring the natural out in me.

      Delete