Tuesday 20 June 2017

Eyes wide open.

We live busy lives, constantly on the go, not taking time to smell the roses or just enjoy the environment we are in. We are currently at Taufua fala resort here in Samoa, a different place from all the others, a lot more westerners than anywhere else we have been. I am sitting here this morning looking out to sea, a rainbow is overhead, eating a fresh pork bun given to me by the local people who work at the resort, no other palangi are up. Life is simple for these people, family is important to them, it is not about individuals it is about the greater good of the family. I spent most of yesterday just looking, not taking many images with the camera, however I looked with my mind and captured images with my eyes. It is often a good thing just to look and see what is going on around you. Today I will go to the local village and find a place I like and sit and wait, the players will come, some I will photograph and some I will just talk too, the whole time I will be looking with my eyes wide open. This is a great exercise which I feel and strongly believe improves your photography, looking at the scene,, the lighting the composition, the story, would it make a strong image should I shoot it or keep it in my own image gallery, the one in my head, a memory not to be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment