Thursday 1 June 2017

Mediocrity NO



Do not be happy with mediocrity, aim to be a virtuoso, the best YOU can be.
Some people work for many years to find what they are looking for in art/photography.
There is a common saying that you need 10,000 hours of study and practice to get to a level of really mastering your art form.While there are ways to speed this process up, this rule is generally true in the case of a fine art photographer /artist, considering that besides the practical skills that you need, one also has to cultivate your eye. This can be achieved by further study and theoretical knowledge, however is it often experience and many artistic/photographic experiences, that will get you to the point where you can say you have found your VISION/ STYLE and this may take sometime to find/achieve. Once you feel you have reached this point of creating a VISION/ STYLE stick to it and your pictures will be unique and also recognizable, through YOUR shooting and editing style. It does not really matter what camera system you use it is the sensibility to bring to the image that is the most important.

4 comments:

  1. I don't quite agree. I think it's important to be happy with where you are, even as you aspire to improve. At least for me, being unhappy with what I can do now just discourages me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me I find being unhappy with my work encourages me to try new ideas, techniques or just challenge myself ,I guess as I have been saying all along we are all individuals and need to find our own paths however that might be.

      Delete
  2. Well spoken as always Scott. If I can get anywhere near your level I'll be extremely pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shane, all levels are achievable just takes time.

      Delete