Monday 12 June 2017

Deeper images

 During this trip to Samoa, I have taken more images that have stayed colour than on any of the other three trips. I have asked myself why, I really do not know, however something inside of me, the visual circus in my brain, my subconscious is directing my conscious mind to keep them as colour. Is this another step in my development as a photographer/artist. I listen to my inner creative voice and I trust it to get it right and so far it has been spot on, so why not let it take control, what do I know. I guess for me it is not about taking better images to show how well I know my camera, it is to be more honest, vulnerable, authentic and share something about me to the world and the things that I see and move me, if anyone want to read the story or understand the poem I am trying to share then that is a bonus. If you want to make deeper images, that depth comes from you.

1 comment:

  1. For me it's also about learning to 'see' in black and white. Some photos just look better in color or b&w, the ability to know which is better has to be something that comes from within - I think I'm still looking...

    ReplyDelete